Organic Garden Articles Submission Guidelines
Submitting articles to article directories is quickly becoming the dominant way of getting links to your website. More and more people every day are writing articles and submitting them to the hundreds of directories on the internet. Most common directories will approve any article for submission, regardless of material or mistakes in grammar, punctuation and/or spelling. Gardening Articles only approves excellent quality, high end articles that have the potential for inclusion in national magazines, newspapers, or journals .
Adherence to the following Article Submission Guidelines insures your article(s) approval and inclusion in OGA. No exceptions will be given. These guidelines are necessary to maintain the degree of professionalism we promise our Visitors, Publishers and Authors.
All of your approved articles will be included in our article directory, at organicgardenarticles.com, for distribution to other publishers.
While Gardening Articles understands, supports, condones and encourages Article Marketing , we have established specific guidelines for Authors to adhere to in an effort to offer articles to Publishers and readers that are well written and informative, and not simply blatant advertising.
It is pretty simple, your articles must be perfect, and to the quality found in national magazines and newspapers. Please read ALL of the following Article Submission Guidelines completely before attempting to submit your articles..
Gardening Articles Article Submission Guidelines:
Articles that we decide have been fabricated by software programs will be declined without recourse and the submitting author will be banned immediately.
Articles that we decide have been submitted via article submission sites will have all resource information removed, including backlinks..
- Authors submitting articles to Gardening Articles for approval to be added to our directory will not be compensated in any way, for the writing or submitting of any article.
- All author's will reserve and retain all copyright to their articles.
- Author's are only permitted to submit a given article to one category. If you do not see a category listed that you feel is most appropriate for the subject matter of your article, please Contact Us. Normally we approve all reasonable new categories and sub-catagories, and notify you of their availability by return email. Gardening Articles will usually reply to your email within 1 business day with our decision.
- Gardening Articles reserve the right to publish your articles anywhere on our website or syndicate through RSS Feeds. Other Gardening Articles users have the right to publish your articles on their web sites, in their newsletters or ezines, and more as long as the article is left in the original state including the information in your Resource Box giving you credit as author, and any links within the Resource Box.
- All articles submitted by you must be written/authored by you. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Plagiarists will be banned immediately and without recourse. Anyone proven guilty of copyright infringement will have their OGA account closed, all articles removed from the directory and be banned for life. We do track IP addresses and cross-check all submitted articles against a banned article list.
Your article should serve to educate and inform rather than just serve as a promotional piece. Include How To's, Tips, Strategies, Techniques, Case-studies, Analyses, Opinions and/or Commentary in your articles from your own experience.
- Naturally, Gardening Articles is looking for original, quality articles with content that is informational and well thought out. Articles with grammatical or spelling errors will be edited or, most likely, rejected. Formatting will be covered below.
- Article Submission does not mean your article will be automatically accepted and listed in the Gardening Articles OGA. OGA has the sole authority to except or reject any article. As long as your article meets the requirements in these guidelines, your article has a good chance of being accepted. However, if your article is not up to the general standards of our guidelines, Gardening Articles will indicate the reason for rejection in your rejection email notice.
- If your article is rejected , you may resubmit your article with errors corrected for approval. If resubmitted with another error, the process will begin again.
- Spamming of this directory will not be tolerated. Submitting multiple copies, (2 or more), of the same article using different Titles, or with only slight modifications is strictly forbidden. Immediately, offenders will have their articles deleted, account terminated and be banned from future submissions.
- Offensive content will be cause for immediate account termination. Articles must not promote hate, racism, pornography, hacking, bomb building, terrorism or any other illegal and/or offensive activities. Gardening Articles reserves the right to categorize any content as offensive.
- While direct affiliate links will not be tolerated , you are allowed to have links to pages on your domain that redirect to your affiliate program. No Pop-Ups, Java Scripting or "Promotional" links are allowed in the Title, Summary or Body of your article. However, resource and source credit links, up to a maximum of 3 links, (links to a third party work you are referencing for credibility), in the body of your article are allowed.
Web Site Active/Inactive Links/Anchors/URLs
Download links are STRICTLY Forbidden. No direct links to any type of digital download are allowed. All links are checked and scanned for viruses.
- Gardening Articles does not accept articles that have the same ACTIVE link more than once. Do not submit duplicate identical URLs.
- Gardening Articles does not knowingly allow any URLs in any of our articles that are banned by Google or if your web site engages in questionable SEO practices, Gardening Articles will reject your articles.
- Gardening Articles does not auto format URL's that are in the BODY of your article.
- Gardening Articles does not allow active links in the first sentence of an article.
- Gardening Articles does not allow articles which have strategic keyword anchor text links in the body to your domain that do not add informational value to the article as decided by our editors and review staff . Any use of anchored text links to web sites that you own should add value to the article topic rather than stand out as an obvious abuse an anchored text link. The goal with this policy is to be a good net citizen by only allowing articles that add value with the anchored text links rather than purely for SEO reasons. For the best cahnce of having your article accepted, do not use links in the article body.
BANNED LINKS: OGA will not accept articles with links (in the Article Body or Resource Box) to adult oriented web sites, including but not limited to web sites that include nudity, pornography, adult-oriented shopping sites and adult-oriented sexual content or any other potentially offensive or illegal content promoting hate, racism, hacking, bomb building, terrorism or any other illegal and/or offensive activities. Gardening Articles reserves the right to categorize any content as offensive.
- Email 'mailto:' Links: We highly recommend including a link to your web site in the Resource Box, but do not advocate including a mailto: or email link to your personal or work email account. Spammers will abuse it. Better to just include a web site URL and let potential customers find your email address on your web site.
Formatting Your Articles For OGA
- Your article Title must be in Title Case (i.e.. "I Write Great Articles" - First letter of each word is capitalized. Never all UPPER CASE.
- No Author or Web site Name or URL is allowed in the Title.
- No HTML tags are allowed in the Title.
- Do not put a "period" or "full stop" at the end of the Title.
- Titles with part numbers (Part 1, Part 2, etc...) will only be allowed if the preceding part number has already been submitted, approved and is in our directory. In other words, don't submit Part 2 unless Part 1 is already approved.
- The summary box must not end with an ellipses. It must end with a complete sentence and a period (.).
- No CRLFs are allowed in the summary box. It must be one paragraph summarizing the content of your article.
- Your entry into the Summary section is what shows up as the description in our RSS feeds that we provide to publishers. It must be complete and gramatically correct.
- The article must be 3,500 words maximum. The ideal article size to us is between 400 to 1,500 words. We are looking for actual informative and original content.
- Please do not repeat the article Title in the article body.
- Do not submit articles that are pre-formatted with excessive hard carriage returns such as articles that are pre-formatted to 60-65 characters per line. The article text should flow continuously and wrap naturally. To effect a new line, press the "Enter" key once; to effect a new paragraph, press the "Enter" key twice to create a vertical white space. No one sentence paragraph articles!
The following HTML tags ARE allowed in the article body:-
- blockquote � to indent text
- ordered and unordered lists
- text links - to relevent, supporting, 'content websites' only! See above.
The following HTML tags are NOT allowed in the article body:
- Paragraph tag
- Break tag
- Image tag
- Font tag
- Header tag
- Horizontal rule tag
- Text links - to irrelevant, unsupporting websites
Author Name and Pen Names
- Your full name is required for your first article submission. Allowable: You can use, First & Last or, First - Middle Initial & Last or, First Initial - Middle Name & Last. Name prefixes such as Mr. Mrs. Ms. are not allowed . Name Titles such as Dr. (Doctor), Prof. (Professor) Capt. (Captain), are allowed . Name suffixes such as Sr. (Senior), Jr. (Junior), III (The third) are allowed. Suffix Titles such as M.D. (Medical Doctor, etc, etc.) are also allowed.
Pen/Alternate Author Names:
- Gardening Articles will only allow one author membership account per individual, but you are allowed to have Pen/Alternate author names under your account (such as a pen-name or if you are an author's assistant or manage articles for multiple different authors.
- ALL of the same rules for the Author's Name above apply to the Pen/Alternate Author Names.
- The Author Terms Of Service applies to any alternate Author names just as it does to you directly. So, be sure you have written permission to submit the articles under any Pen/Alternate Author Name that you might setup.
ATTENTION AFFILIATES - Pen Names: We don't accept articles with affiliate links in them. With that said, PLEASE do not setup a Pen/Alternate Author Name of a guru of an affiliate program that you want to promote. This will be considered "Impersonation" of another individual and will be cause for immediate account termination and possible legal action. You can add alternate author names from your Members Profile once you are logged in to the members only area.
- Adding the top keywords related to your article helps OGA to bring more traffic to your article.
- Please make sure you put a comma between each keyword. Ideally, your keywords should be optimized based on the most commonly searched keywords as published by Overture.com for your particular niche. It helps to use a good keyword research tool to help you determine which ones are best to use.
- You should have a minimum of 4-5 keywords and a maximum of 25. Gardening Articles does not accept keywords that are completely unrelated to the content of your article.
- Gardening Articles does not edit or suggest your keywords.
Article Category or Sub-Category - Choosing A Category or Sub-Category
- Please choose the best existing category or sub category based on the theme of your article and not the theme of your business.
- Suggesting/Requesting a new Category or Sub-Category is permitted. If you are unable to find an existing Category or Sub-Category you feel is appropriate for your article's content/information, you can suggest/recommend a Category or Sub-Category by entering it in the* BODY * field/box as shown in the following examples:
(Entered in the * BODY * Field/Box using ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS),
NEW CATEGORY = BULBS - SUB-CATEGORY = DAFFODILS
(Entered in the * BODY * Field/Box using ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS),
NEW SUB-CATEGORY TO HEALTH = HOMEOPATHY
- Requesting/Suggesting a new Category or Sub-Category does not guarantee the new Category or Sub-Category will be listed for your article. However, Gardening Articles is understanding of all such requests and will consider it seriously. All reasonable (In the estimation of Gardening Articles Staff), Request/Suggestions will be implemented. Please understand however, the process may slow the approval of your article by as much a 2 to 3 business days.
- Gardening Articles reserves the right to make minor changes/edits/additions to the above guidelines at any time without prior notice to our Member Authors. However, when there are any changes/edits/additions of a substantive nature to the above guidelines, Member Authors will be emailed notification of upon implementation.
- That Gardening Articles reserves the right to "synonymize" submitted articles in an effort to gain higher search engine positioning. Organic Garden Articles.com also reserves the right to publish this synonymized content on it's sister-site, www.articlegarden.com.
- The articles in the Gardening Articles on line OGA are provided for information purposes only and for redistribution as outlined in our guidelines.
Gardening Articles accepts no responsibility or liability for the use or misuse of the article content included in our OGA, by any other publisher or the reliance upon by any person on the content of any article.
The Gardening Articles Administration and Staff hopes you find our publishing process user friendly and effective.